Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It doesn't taste like a grape...


Tonight I have been ravenous. So hungry and out of daily points. I had two bowls of soup for dinner and I think that I overestimated the number of points in a bowl. I wanted to be on the safe side. Regardless I was left not satisfied after dinner. I sucked on a couple of Sugar Free Jolly Ranchers. That did work. I really wanted to dive into the M&Ms hidden in the back of the cupboard but I used my better judgement and went for a grapefuit instead. I peeled it like an orange and sectioned it out and peeled the membrane off each peice as I ate it. I put a lot of work into it and it definately made it last a long time. All said and done, my mind was still on the M&Ms and rather than try and distract myeself further, I gave in and measured out 2 Tbsp of those little peices of chocolate deliciousness. I ate them slow and handed the rest of the bag to my husband. He finished the bag and now they are done with and out of the house. The grapefruit was delicious and I am glad that I turned to it first even if I gave into temptation in the end. A month ago, I most likely would have polished off the bag by myself. Here's to improvement.

5 comments:

Living to Feel Good said...

Hey that's great. Like you said, you could have polished off the bag, heck any of us could. I am proud of you for measuring out a portion, and staying away. High five! :)

Kathy said...

Yay!!! You can always count on the man to finish up the bag of M&M's!

Lynn said...

Have you tried those grapples yet? Looks like an apple, tastes like a grape? I keep seeing them in the store and not being Quite That Brave...

Good for you, though. I hate grapefruit. Or oranges. Or pretty much any citrus thing. Except lemons and limes, but those aren't for eating, those are for garnishes.

TB--Milwaukee said...

Grapefruit is something I like as a distraction too. Takes a LONG time to eat however you eat it, peeling it or cutting it in half and scooping ((my preferred method))

TitanThirteen said...

Hi :o)

Good on you for not eating all the M&Ms. You're a stronger woman than me!
Keep them out of the house if you want to avert the same thing happening again :o)