Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Baked Oatmeal


Since starting Core, I have had to search for new recipes to fit the plan. I was craving waffles so I went off in search of a recipe that used oatmeal instead of flour. I found one but it has to soak overnight and so that wasn't an option for breakfast this morning.

This Baked Oatmeal recipe was one that I found at halfmysize.com. I immediately whipped up a batch and threw it in the oven. It turned out exactly as I imagined it. I mix between a muffin and a cookie. I entered it in the recipe builder and it is 3 pts a serving for flex but all ingredients are Core. Yeah!!! Each serving is huge, 1/6 pan. I ate it hot. It would be delicious with baked apples or other warm fruit on top and maybe 2 T. of Cool Whip Free on top. I am letting the pan cool and I am going to bag up the rest for snacks or breakfast on the go.

Also, my daughter loved it. She ate 1/2 piece all by herself. It is nice when your kids will eat what you are eating. Now if I could get my husband to do the same.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I made this today (it's baking just now)

Thanks so much for pointing me in the direction of it!!

Lynn said...

(it turned out Wonderful. I ate mine with 1/2 sliced banana on top and 2 tablspoons of fat-free whipped cream... quite ymmy. I also packed 1/2 a bar into DH's lunch for tomorrow... the pieces really are amazingly large!)

noelle said...

That looks really yummy! I may have to try it!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be back to check in with you too!