Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm done!

That is...............I'm done counting.

I switched to CORE and so far I am pleasantly surprise how much I love it.

Not what I expected.

I was really nervous that I would over-eat.

I was so hungry on flex and kept going over my daily and weekly points.

I have still been tracking online and just added up the points for the past two days and I am still in my point allowance.

But I am not so hungry.

I guess better quality food helps. I don't think that I noticed how much junk I was still eating.

I am also learning to listen to my hunger/full signals better. This is something that I have been really bad about in the past. I have noticed that I have been eating past full just because I had the points.

I was also getting really bad at tracking. Now I just pick something on the list.

My husband is trying to be supportive but not as supportive as he was on flex. He doesn't trust my full meter. I also think that he is a little frustrated that my number is going down while his is the same. We both gained weight with the baby. My number is still much higher than his. I know that when he puts his mind to it, it will come off fast. He is fortunate that way. Hopefully, he gets back to being supportive.

By the way (If there is anyone still reading after a month of blog boycotting.) I hit the 25 lb mark and was only 0.6 away from my 10%. I didn't have a good week last week, hence the change to CORE to refocus me, so I didn't weigh-in. Couldn't stomach a gain written on my card. Used a no-weigh pass and just attended the meeting. Glad I did! The meeting was great and remotivated me. Linda, my leader is great!

Peeked at the scale and it is moving in the right direction. I think I was retaining some water because of poor eating.

4 comments:

TB--Milwaukee said...

Good to see you're still on track.

I am so glad that I'm a guy. I don't know how ladies can live on so few points. Seems a lot of ladies switch to core and have greater success. Good for you for switching things up.

I eat so many core foods already, but I still count the points as I don't trust myself yet.

Kathy said...

I love Core. I switched a few months ago after being on Flex for a couple of years. Good luck!

Lynn said...

I've thought about core for if and when I get to a plateau, but I'm not ready for Core just yet...

I don't usually have too much problem going over on my points, and I've been using activities to get more points when I need them (In addition to getting moving, which is a good thing in and of itself.)

Lynn said...

Ok, the gods of irony have whapped me on the head.

I've started core, too. For me, it wasn't a matter of hungry, it was a matter of 'my weight's not going anywhere' for more than one week, and I don't want to deal with that just yet, so I'm doing core for this week.

We'll see how it goes! Good luck