Friday, December 28, 2007

Weight Watching


So today I did it! I joined. I have stood on the outside looking in at this group for a long time and finally did it. I jumped in with two feet. This morning I thought that I would peruse the website and think about joining in the new year. I then thought about joining the online community but deep down I knew that I needed the meetings and a leader to keep me accountable. I needed someone to share my weight with that I wouldn't be embarassed to share and have someone that I can share my successes and failures with that won't judge me.


I checked the meeting time and there was one starting in a half an hour and so I decided that it was now or never. I ran upstairs, threw on some clothes, woke up the baby and jumped in the car. I thought about dropping Eva off at a friend's house because I was pretty sure that no one else would have any kids with them. I just hoped that these people would understand that I had to go right then. I didn't have time to drop her off and make it there so I just took her with me. Fortunately, she was fabulous and all the ladies loved her. Thankfully, my friend Kim has agreed to take her every Friday in January so I don't have to take her with me. YEAH! What a lifesaver!


So here I am weight watching. Never thought that I would do it. Always thought I could do it on my own. I was definately wrong there. Now I have support and it is outside of my marriage which is a good thing. (I will blog more about that later.) So I am going in. I'm definately using the door on the left and not exiting until I can come out the door on the right.

1 comment:

Sherlyn said...

Hey! Just found your site. I joined WW online on the 27th too. Like you I always thought I could do it on my own. I would try, loose a few pounds, then life would get busy and I would eat out alot and bang....weight right back on with a few extra pounds. I've been in denial about my weight and health. This Chrismtas my husband took a picture of me at Christmas at my folks. It was not flattering. When I was downloading them to the computer, I could not believe what I looked like. I realize that between that picture and my blood work being out of whack that I had to do something. I'm also doing a blog in hopes that it will keep me accountable. I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know you are not alone and if you need someone please don't hesitate to hollar! Good Luck! Sherlyn

http://carolinacowgirlweight.blogspot.com/

My regular blog is :
http://carolinacowgirl.blogspot.com