Monday, December 31, 2007

Pushy

Can a person be like this candy? I think so!



Today we went to Sea World. I was excited but nervous about staying OP.



This is why:

Tonight we are going to a New Year's Eve party and I know there are not going to be that many great choices. The hostess said that she was going to have a cheese, chocolate and even an oil fondue. At least there will be veggies and dip there because I am bringing them. I am also going to bring the Avocado-Bean Guacamole from WW online. I have planned on using my flex-points but I still want to be careful.

I wanted to use as few points as possible during the day so that I can splurge tonight. I knew that there was a huge potential to consume a lot of points at Sea World so I planned ahead and brought a bar and drank a lot of water.

As we were leaving the park we were asked to take a survey. We recieved a coupon for a free soda from the snack bar. We decided to go get it before we left. I was going to get a diet pepsi for us to share but my husband insisted on a rootbeer and I decided that I didn't really need a soda and I would drink the water that I had in the car.

On the way to the car, my husband offered me some of the rootbeer and I declined. He kept asking and I finally called him on it.

"You are being a food pusher!"

He then laid off and we got in the car to head home. As we were leaving the park, he pulled into the McDonalds parking lot and asked if I minded going through the drive-through and we could share something. First, I said sure and then realized that anything that he would order would not be anything that I really wanted to order. I thought about ordering something that I wanted that had a reasonable amount of points. As we were waiting to get up to the menu I decided that was a bad idea and told him that I didn't want anything. After all, I had a party that night.

I am proud of myself for sticking to my plan and not giving in to pushiness and temptation.

After all, as tempting as a push pop is, I don't think it is worth the points.

1 comment:

Sherlyn said...

I've realized just recently how much we celebrate with food. Not that its a bad thing, but in the past I ate way to much at these celebration. Even when I would try not to, there was always someone saying oh, but you got to try it! So this year I want No to mean No. No I don't have to try it if I don't want to and I don't want others to make me feel guilty....whew..alittle grip session there! Sorry!