Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Happy Anniversary!

Today was our 3rd Wedding Anniversary. It is incredible how fast time flies. We kept things low key, but did get some friends to babysit while we went for a quiet, kid-free dinner. It is so nice to get out, just the two of us.

We went to the Cheesecake Factory in Caesar's Palace on our first date. We both lived and met in Vegas. After we walked around the Forum Shops after. We decided to revisit the Cheesecake Factory, of course here in San Antonio instead. It was so fun and the food was super yummy.

I have been trying to limit using my flexies especially the last half of the week so I planned accordingly today. I am really proud of my planning and follow-through for the day. I went online and investigated on the menu and had it narrowed down to two things, depending on my mood. They were both fairly low point, especially for a restaurant like the Cheesecake Factory. (You have to admit that this is not a restaurant that is associated with low point foods. The name says it all!)

I ate sensible all day long,not a lot but enough that I wasn't famished and felt like I had control. . We went in the restaurant and turned right to the section I would order from. (They have a "weight management" section.) I decided on the Asian Chicken Salad. I also saw that they had Fresca and added that to my order along with water. I drank a full glass of water before I let myself dig into the bread. The brown bread there is my favorite! I had two small slices with no butter. Before I would have easiely eaten at least half of the bread basket. Once I ate my predetermined amount I pushed it to the other side of the table so I wouldn't sneak another slice. Our food came pretty fast. My salad was huge and delicious and 14.5 points. My husband ordered the Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp, my favorite dish there. I think he was being nice, just in case I wanted a little bite. It is quite spicy and that is not his thing. I had 3 small pieces of chicken and 1 piece of shrimp. We skipped dessert there and settled for Stawberry Shortcake Skinny Cow at home.

I am extremely proud of myself. I stayed within my daily points allowance and had a great night out. It makes me feel like I can still eat wherever I want, I just need to balance those choices out all day. It helped that I set aside points early in the day for my meal. I also set aside 6 extra points for things like breads and bites off my husband's plate and dessert (at home, of course).

Well, number 3 down and looking forward to a great year and a happy number 4. It was a nice day. I have such a sweet husband and I love him so much. He is trying so hard to be supportive of my WW and is trying to understand my food issues. He is a great listener and puts up with a lot. I am sure blessed.

3 comments:

Emelie said...

Yes, You are blessed! Sounds like a great day for you, I'm so happy you're doing great! Keep up the good work, you're gonna get your star this week!

Mel said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and also for staying within your points at Cheesecake Factory!! WOW! You are doing fantastic with WW so far and I know if you stick with this you are going to see great results. I can't wait to hear about your weigh in.

TB--Milwaukee said...

You did great. I would have skipped dinner and just had cheesecake, but that would not be a wise WW choice.

Happy Anniversary!