Saturday, January 12, 2008

Taking Advantage of Good Fortune

So I started this post yesterday and all but published it. So here it is!

Over the past few years, we have collected a lot of fitness equitment. In fact, we have a bedroom upstairs that is set-up as a home gym. It has these select-tech weights, a tower with a folding bench, full-size bar and preacher bar along with the weights, the leg attachment and arm attachment, a TV, mat, ball, and bands along with tons of DVDs. Up until this point I have probably make it in there once a week for 30-45 minutes. It is so awesome in there and great to have everything at home but I am just not taking advantage of it.


We have a treadmill that we bought about 6 months ago. I am much better at using this. It is in our bedroom because there is more room. It probably would have fit in the gym, however, I was worried about hitting my head on the ceiling fan. The treadmill is awesome! We splurged and got one with a TV and a fan along with other user friendly features. We almost bought a different one but after talking to a friend that has one, she said that she wished she would have gotten one with a TV and thought that she would use it more if she did. We took that into consideration and like I said, splurged. It makes all the difference. If I get up before the baby in the morning or when she is down for a nap, I like to watch the Today Show or Food Network or even CNN. I figure, if I can sit on the couch and watch these, I might as well walk.


Since starting WW, I haven't started a structured exercise routine. I occassionally record activity points. This week at I bought a pedometer. I love it! I counts your step and tell you how my points you earn when active. It also tracks my steps for the day. I am aiming for 10,000. Last week my husband was asking if I ever used it. Mind you, I do, but never around him. Most of the time, he sleeps in on the weekends and I feel walking in the bedroom while he is trying to sleep so I go downstairs and watch TV on the couch. He told me not to worry about waking him and use it if I want to. This morning I hopped on and walked 45 minutes before the baby woke up. It wasn't a fast pace but I walked over 2 miles and was able to watch some TV. It was 3 points. Yeah for activity points!

So the goal for the week is use at least one peice of this fantastic equiptment each day. I know that I can do it. After all, I want to get our money out of it and it will do nothing but good for me! Also, this week, my goal is to earn at least 2 activity points a day. (So far, do good!) I can't wait to have 14 (or more) recorded by Friday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, "Looking Great in 2008" (didn't see your name anywhere yet)! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love getting comments! I've read a few of your posts and will be back to read more. I like using my treadmill, too. I plan to gradually add in some other types of exercises as I am able.

Mel said...

I love my treadmill too. Mine is also in the bedroom and I only allow myself to watch my shows if I walk. I usually walk for 45 minutes and earn 2 AP. Good luck earning your 14 for the week. I have a WW pedometer but haven't set it up yet!

Sherlyn said...

Oh..this is something that I have to work on. I'm not an exercise type person. I got a treadmill last year for Christmas (2006) and I used it off and on throughout last year. I'm hoping once I shake this cold is to really get into a routine. Mine's also in my bedroom. I'm hoping that since its close I can just crawl out of bed and onto it! Good luck!!!

TB--Milwaukee said...

When I first started, I didn't record my AP's either, but now that I have dropped 10 points a day, I definitely keep track and even eat them most days.