Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Points & Numbers

Getting used to counting, managining, distributing and recording points is tough. I have been good about recording everything both on paper and WW Online. I keeps me honest. The problem that I am running into is distributing my points throughout the day.

I am always worried that I am going to run out of points before dinner but so far it has been the opposite. I use a couple of points for breakfast and around 8 or so for lunch and then have a snack or 2 that are a few points each. Both for lunch and dinner I usually plan larger meals to use my daily points but end up not eating them because I am not hungry. The same thing happens with planned snacks. I am just not in the mood or not hungry. I would have never thought that I would be frustrated about eating more but that is what is happening.

Some of you are probably wondering how this is happening. Well I have a lot to lose and so because of that I have a large point allowance. Some days, well most days, it seems like too many.

HELP! What do I do? I need some advice.



3 comments:

TB--Milwaukee said...

If you're doing a lot of low-fat, fat-free, try to add a little of the fatty stuff back. Would add a few points.

Think about switching to core, no points involved. I try to eat as much core as I can, but still count my points.

d.fine09 said...

Thanks for the advice TB.

I still haven't had my first WI. That's tomorrow morning. I am going to ask my leader about it too and see what she thinks.

Mrs Andy said...

Hey thanks for commenting on my blog (Chicken Fat). I know all the WW stuff says eat all of your points every day. When I first started, I had the same problem, lots of leftover points (somedays I wish I still had that problem). If I was not hungry, I did not eat, that was/is my own caveat for WW.

I've also found that a little fat is good. I ended up not really liking fat-free stuff, it all tastes too sweet, so I usually go for reduced fat stuff.

It will take you a few weeks to figure out how WW works for you. Follow your plan materials, but also know that you can change things to work for you, and you will not get in trouble. :) I've also found reading the WW message boards and asking questions there is a great help. There are so many people there that want to help, and want you to suceed!

Good luck, and I'll be back to read more. :)