Thursday, January 10, 2008

What I Ate for Breakfast

So healthy, right?

Well it was delicious.

I love pumpkin pie and pumpkin muffins, pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin everything!

Hot cocoa is such a treat, especially for breakfast.

So how did I justify eating this?

This is how.

Pumpkin Pie:

I was reading on Hungry Girl some new ideas for spicing up oatmeal. She had some great ideas for add-ins. One of them was canned pumpkin along with some pumpkin pie spice. I have been dying to try it. This morning I gave it a try. So delicious. Like warm pumpkin pie. So much better than plain old oatmeal. I gave my daughter a taste and she loved it too so I made her a bowl too. It is only 40 calories and 4 g of fiber in 1/2 c. I used about half that much.

Hot Cocoa:

I am not a big milk drinker so I am always looking for good ideas for meeting my daily milk guideline. I have tried the diet cocoa and have not been that happy with them. Very watery. Las night I had planned to have 1 c of milk for a snack and just didn't find it appealing. I decided to heat up the milk and stir in a packet of the diet cocoa mix. Just 25 additional calories and it doesn't up the points, still only 2. So creamy and delicious and felt like it was so much more than it actually was. Try it! You will be in love.


5 comments:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Okay, I have to try this because it sounds absolutely divine. Thanks for delurking on my blog. I'm so excited to get to know more of my readers! And I'm so amused to see your entry about the points in Tums because, I swear, I was standing in the store LAST NIGHT wondering the exact same thing.

Kathy said...

Try this: In a blender, place 1 cup milk, a handful of ice, 1 packet of Splenda, and 1 tsp of the powdered mix for sugar-free instant pudding, and blend. The mix gives it a thicker consistency and flavor. I use chocolate mix and instant coffee granules for mocha and vanilla with rum flavoring and nutmeg for eggnog...the possibilities are endless. If you look back in my archives around Thanksgiving, I posted a lot of different oatmeal and add-in flavor combinations like the pumpkin pie, apple pie, carrot cake, and autumn fruits. Thanks for visiting me...I'll add you to my reader.

Mel said...

I'm so picky with oatmeal and only eat strawberry, but I think I may have to try this. Congrats on beginning a great journey to become healthy. I am glad you came over to visit. I will be back to check on you soon!!!

Living to Feel Good said...

What a great idea!! I LOVE pumpkin too. I just bought a new book that I blogged about, and there is a recipe for applesauce pumpkin muffins that are pretty low in calories. I'm going to try them next week, so I 'll let you know if they are worth making. :)

TB--Milwaukee said...

Diet hot chocolate has been a staple in my diet since fall. I was drinking tons of lemonade till then. Strange how the seasons change what tastes good.

Wow, good to see so many people catching on to your blog, you really have a good one going. Thanks for the inspirations!